Action: Develop mapping and assessment planning tools to identify areas at risk for displacement around the LA River in order to prioritize affordable housing projects.
Understanding where along the river new projects might impact housing affordability starts with understanding what areas are at the greatest risk of displacement.
Using mapping and assessment planning tools to identify these areas, proactive steps can be taken in proportion to the size of a potential river project and its projected impact to mitigate adverse effects on housing affordability and the risk of displacement.
Click above for other actions that involve the implementation lead or potential partners or that apply to the same geographic boundaries.
specific, tangible ways to reach the goal
Affordability Housing Needs Assessment
Assessment tool may include:
- Analysis of the potential impact of the proposed project on housing affordability and displacement.
- Summary of existing affordable housing programs and projects serving the community including any existing affordable housing developments with affordability restrictions scheduled to expire.
- Analysis of local barriers to approval of supportive housing in the surrounding community.
- Summary of currently existing unsubsidized but affordable market rate rental housing in the area surrounding the project.
- List of specific sites which could be appropriate for development of supportive housing for persons experiencing homelessness.